Below is a recipe from Camille Styles to create a similar version at home. I haven't tried it yet, but with winter coming soon, it may become a weekend staple. I hope you'll try it too.
Bruléed Oatmeal with Berries & Almonds
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- raspberries and chopped almonds (or whatever fruit and nuts you like!)
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in oatmeal and salt. Cook over low heat partially covered, simmering and stirring often, until almost all liquid has been absorbed and oats are al dente, about 45 minutes. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Transfer oatmeal to 4 ovenproof ramekins or mason jars. Preheat broiler.
- Stir together sugars, and sprinkle evenly over tops of oatmeal. Place ramekins on baking sheet, and broil until sugar melts and forms a crust, about 2 minutes. Top with berries and nuts.
photo by: Belle Maison Et Moi
Recipe via camillestyles.com