07 November 2012

Fashion Films

As a lifelong fashion fanatic, I was thrilled to find a series of fashion documentaries on Netflix a few weeks ago.  These films have been released for a while now, so admittedly I'm a bit behind the times I suppose.  So far, I've indulged in three films:

The September Issue (2008)


A documentary about the legendary September issue of (American) Vogue magazine but also about the long-time professional relationship between Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour and Fashion Director Grace Coddington.


Valentino: The Last Emperor (2008)

A documentary about the legendary Valentino Garavani from age 70 leading up to his final couture show.  Lovely cinematography, very stylish.


Bill Cunningham New York (2010)

A day to day look at photographer Bill Cunningham's inspiration on the streets of New York City and a glimpse at the backstory of the man behind the camera.


I hope you have some time to relax with a cup of tea or a glass of wine and enjoy each of these inspiring films...


photos via: collegeprepster.com and racked.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write me a note! I love reading your comments, questions, etc. and try to respond to all of them in a timely fashion. Thank you for spending time with me on Belle Maison Et Moi. xo, Alicia