26 October 2011

Paper flower

I love fresh flowers in the house, but it's not always practical to refresh them on a regular basis.  Having made plenty of fabric flowers, I thought I would try my hand at paper flowers.  Although I plan to make a bouquet of them (using colored tissue paper), I started with one to see how it would go.  Here's what I came up with:

My supplies: old packaging paper, scissors, orange and black ribbon, and wooden skewers



Next, with the paper folded, cut a half heart to create one set of petals


Continue cutting different size half hearts (petals)



Begin twisting at the base as you add the petals



Soon, the flower will begin to take shape



Add a bit of tape around the base and tie on your ribbon



Et voila!





My apologies for such terrible lighting in these photos,  but I hope this 'tutorial' was easy to follow and you'll give paper flowers a try too!

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write me a note! I love reading your comments, questions, etc. and try to respond to all of them in a timely fashion. Thank you for spending time with me on Belle Maison Et Moi. xo, Alicia