14 December 2012

Funfetti Oreo Cupcakes

This is an incredibly fun recipe that I tried for my sister-in-law's birthday recently.  I'm not a cake lover but I do love a cupcake!  "What's the difference between cake and a cupcake?" people ask me all of the time with a puzzled expression. To me, there is a huge difference: the texture, the portability, the automatic portion control, and the pure fun of peeling away the (hopefully decorative) wrapper, typically ending up with a dab of frosting on the tip of the nose.

This was such a fun project that my mom and I worked on together from picking out the cupcake wrappers, finding a big enough bakery box to transport the cupcakes, adapting the steps of the super simple recipe, the photography (great work mom!), and tying it all up with a simple ribbon.















{No birthday is complete without a beautifully wrapped gift!}
 
Funfetti Oreo Cupcakes
Adapted from Birthday Cake Oreo Funfetti Cupcakes by Megan's Munchies

1 box of Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
1 container of Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting (the best & hard to fine!!)
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 cup water
1 package of Oreo cookies (Birthday Cake Oreos if you can find them, I could not)
cupcakes wrappers
rainbow sprinkles

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

For the Cake:
With a hand or stand mixer, combine the oil, water, eggs, and cake mix. I add just a pinch more oil to keep the cake from getting dry. 

Place the cupcake wrappers in the cupcake tin and place an Oreo at the bottom of each cup.  Fill with batter to 3/4 full.

Bake for 19 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.  The cupcakes will be lightly golden. Cool completely.

For the Frosting:
Scoop the filling out of the center of about 6 -8 Oreo cookies (save the cookie pieces & crush them up to sprinkle on top of the frosting for decoration), add to the Rainbow Chip frosting and mix. 

Assembly:
Carefully frost the cooled cupcakes leaving a bit of a border around the edge and sprinkle with cookie crumbs first, followed by rainbow sprinkles. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! I really love how you packaged them and the lip gloss on the bow is just lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daphne!! They were so delicious I highly recommend making them. Always appreciate you stopping by :o) Have a GREAT weekend ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Please write me a note! I love reading your comments, questions, etc. and try to respond to all of them in a timely fashion. Thank you for spending time with me on Belle Maison Et Moi. xo, Alicia