13 December 2012

Winter Skin Comforts

'Tis the season for dry, two sizes too small skin whether it be on your face or your body.  The products below have been tested on my VERY sensitive, dry skin with success. I hope if you try any of them you find comfort in them too.

1.) Chanel Lait Confort Cleansing Milk for Face and Eyes {$45}


I received a sample of this and was hesitant to try it as I have tried cleansing milks in the past and they were terrible at making my skin feel clean and also left a greasy layer behind.  Wow!  Much to my surprise (and I don't know why I was so surprised considering this is a Chanel products) the cleansing milk was an opaque white that spread easily and rinsed clean.  The most remarkable thing about the cleanser is that it did not have one bit of waxy consistency and for those of you have used creamy cleansers (ahem...such as the one so often recommended by dermatologists) you will know what I mean.  A bit expensive, but a small amount will do and your 'visage' will thank you.


2.) Chantecaille Fruit and Flower Acids Mask {$86}
A gentle yet effective mask for dissolving dead, dry skin much like exfoliation but without the harshness.  Beneficial to use 2-4 times per month, in my opinion depending on how much exfoliation you prefer.  Again, a bit expensive, but this is a generous jar of product and lasts quite a while as it's not used daily.



3.) South of France Shea Butter Soap {$4.99}
A pure, natural vegetable based soap that is hydrating and smells gender neutral and just plain clean!  All of the South of France soaps are wonderful, but I find this is the most hydrating for the colder months.


4.) Nivea Essentially Enriched Body Lotion {$7.49}

A classic lotion that hydrates well and not with a waxy or greasy feel.  Mine is the version with a pump so it makes it quick and easy to use after bathing.


5.) Beauty Secrets Nail Matrix Cuticle Oil {$6.99}

A longtime favorite and dual purpose: moisturizes cuticles as well as instantly dries polish without smudging it.  Very cost effective and smells like sweet almond oil! I usually purchase mine at Sally Beauty Supply.


6.) Estee Lauder 'Re-Nutriv' Intensive Smoothing Hand Creme {$50}

Another WOW moment for me when I tried this!  Sinks in immediately and is not greasy one bit...the hydration even lasts through hand washing.  Absolutely fabulous product plus I like the simple packaging with the fancy gold cap!

Please consider trying these products this winter and perhaps even gifting some of the fancier items! I think you or whomever you gift these items to would be oh so appreciative.

Stayed tuned for Funfetti Oreo Cupcakes tomorrow!

xo, Alicia


photos: 1,2,6; 3,4; 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write me a note! I love reading your comments, questions, etc. and try to respond to all of them in a timely fashion. Thank you for spending time with me on Belle Maison Et Moi. xo, Alicia