04 December 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I don't know about you, but I am still feeling stuffed from Thanksgiving!  Much of the holidays is about food, naturally, and while I love formal food, sometimes for casual get togethers it is helpful to have a quick, easy dip in your repetoire.  I'm sure most of you have had some version of Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip, but not all are created equally depending on the ingredients that are used.

My husband and I love this version that a co-worker shared with me many years ago and we strictly rely on a certain brand of hot sauce and blue cheese to create a well balanced dip.



Ingredients:
Cream Cheese (I usually use Philadelphia, but feel free to substitute your store brand if you wish)
Frank's Red Hot sauce
*Marie's Blue Cheese (found in the produce section)
Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Celery and Carrot sticks
Frito's Scoops

Directions:
In a 9x9 baking dish, mix room temperature cream cheese with a generous amount of the hot sauce and spread to cover the bottom of the pan. Pour about half a bottle of the blue cheese on top of the mixture.  Shake more hot sauce over the blue cheese.  Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese to create a semi-thick layer of cheese topping.  Bake at 350-375 (F) for 25 mins or until bubbly and/or lightly golden.  Allow to sit for 10 minutes prior to serving.  Serve with Fritos, carrot and celery sticks, or tortilla chips or crackers.

Enjoy!





*Regular full fat blue cheese; anything less creates a sour flavor in the dip.

1 comment:

  1. How Yummy! I will try this for sure!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art*by*Karena

    ReplyDelete

Please write me a note! I love reading your comments, questions, etc. and try to respond to all of them in a timely fashion. Thank you for spending time with me on Belle Maison Et Moi. xo, Alicia