11 February 2012

As Promised: The Painting

A peek at our new painting that I referenced here.  We are still trying to compromise on where this lovely should be displayed in our house...only time will tell.  For now, it is propped against the wall in our living room.   The antique dealer is convinced we should paint the frame; his suggestions were matte black or a bright red.  I love the detail of the frame and agree it could use some color tweaking, but am hesitant to do anything to distract from the beauty of the painting.









So, what do you think?  Paint the frame? And if so, what color?

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.  We are experiencing a peaceful, delicate snow here in New York.
xo, Alicia

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I don't agree at all about the red...It would detract from the painting...The black is a better idea, but I'd just leave it alone if it were me *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your opinion Vanna. I tend to agree about not going with red. I will likely leave it alone for a while, I do like it as is (which is rare, I usually like to fiddle with things!). Don't forget 2 hours of Downton Abbey tonight!
      Alicia

      Delete
  2. Alicia,

    I just want to thank you for your very encouraging comment you left on my blog last week about my feature. It literally brought a few tears of joy.
    Thank you so much.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Please write me a note! I love reading your comments, questions, etc. and try to respond to all of them in a timely fashion. Thank you for spending time with me on Belle Maison Et Moi. xo, Alicia