20 March 2012

Mundane Mudroom

Lately, our mudroom seems to be in mayhem, with a mixture of winter and spring coats, winter and spring shoes, and of course our dog's necessities (leash, collar, towels for muddy feet, etc).  Unfortunately, our home does not have a formal foyer and although I hope our next home does.   For now, I would like to make the mudroom (which is our main entrance in the front of the house), less of a mudroom and more of a welcoming, elegant space.  Afterall, you know what they say about first impressions. 

Usually we are not one for color in our decorating, but I've found some photo inspirations that might just encourage us to leap out of our decorating realm...

{Peach!  Loving it mixed with the white and cream. If only our entrance were this large and grand!}



{Graphic wallpaper, perhaps?}



{A splash of color through lamps flowers, or a rug}



Photobucket
{Jennifer Lopez's foyer...so modern yet soft, really love this}



{It's white, I know, but I couldn't resist!  I would have to add a little something modern to this but otherwise it is beautiful and simple}


Off to the drawing board.  xo, Alicia



photos: one   two   three   four   five 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write me a note! I love reading your comments, questions, etc. and try to respond to all of them in a timely fashion. Thank you for spending time with me on Belle Maison Et Moi. xo, Alicia