21 March 2012

Natural Eye Makeup Look

Historically, eyeshadow has not been a regular part of my daily makeup repetoire.  Until recently, eyeshadow never seemed to do much for my eyes.  However, I received an eyeshadow quad from Estee Lauder as a free gift with purchase and really love two of the colors in the quad.  Together, they beautifully enhance the eye, but do not look as if one is wearing makeup.

With this color, I apply it all over the lid up to the brow bone to even out, lift, and brighten the area:

{Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow (satin) in Ivory Slipper $20}


Next, I apply this shade on the outer half of the lid and in the outer crease to slightly define the eye:


{Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow (shimmer) in Hot Cinnamon $20}


 A light coat of mascara on the top and bottom lashes makes for a wide eyed, natural le no makeup look!

For mascara, I enjoy:

{Prescriptives False Eyelashes Plush Mascara in Plush Black $21}


Another neutral eyeshadow that I love is by Clinique:

{Clinique Touch Base Eyeshadow in Petal Shimmer $15. A creamy formula that is a soft pale pink on the skin.  Highly recommend this product!}


Do you have any secrets to a natural eye makeup look?  If so, please share your tricks!  xo, Alicia



photos and products courtesy of: esteelauder.com, prescriptives.com, clinique.com






1 comment:

  1. Mascaras are my favorite. I generally use mascaras every time out of my home on both natural and artificial eyelashes. Mascara is just great. It can't be think about a make up without it. I have had a stunning outfit with burberry trench coat and make up with mascaras.

    ReplyDelete

Please write me a note! I love reading your comments, questions, etc. and try to respond to all of them in a timely fashion. Thank you for spending time with me on Belle Maison Et Moi. xo, Alicia