19 June 2011

Bistro Beet Salad

My dad and I have an affection for the deliciously earthy fuschia beet, a root vegetable sneered at by many.  I often wonder how many people have ever tasted a beet or if they simply judge them by their appearance alone.  For father's day, to make my usual beet salad seem a little bit more special, I decided to make a composed salad of spring mix, beets, walnut crusted goat cheese, and dried cranberries.   I always love how composed salads highlight each delicious ingredient independently of one another, one just as important as the other.  No beet salad would be complete without a viniagrette of balsamic vinegar and honey.  If you have yet to try a beet and goat cheese salad whether at home, a restaurant, or a Parisian bistro, I urge you to take the plunge and see if this simple dish becomes a part of your regular repetoire.  Bon Appetit!

spring mix

balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper to taste
sliced beets, the star of the salad!
walnut crusted goat cheese






Papa jour de père heureux! 



1 comment:

  1. the salad looks delicious, never thought to put all of those ingredients together.

    def following
    xoxo modepourmoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please write me a note! I love reading your comments, questions, etc. and try to respond to all of them in a timely fashion. Thank you for spending time with me on Belle Maison Et Moi. xo, Alicia