05 June 2011

Fanciful gift wrapping

In an effort to reduce and reuse, I decided to wrap my mom's Mother's Day gift in leftover linen that I used to reupholster our living room furniture.  Beautiful gift wrap is one of my favorite things (my sister-in-law is particularly talented at this) and I am so pleased with how this project turned out.  I simply gathered a piece of linen, tied a ribbon tightly around the top, made a fabric flower with the same linen and a vintage brooch, then pinned the flower onto the ribbon with a safety pin.  Voila!

The final product
Gorgeously imperfect frayed edges
Strewn across vintage dessert plates






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write me a note! I love reading your comments, questions, etc. and try to respond to all of them in a timely fashion. Thank you for spending time with me on Belle Maison Et Moi. xo, Alicia